How to make a homemade DIY Eyelash Growth Serum using natural ingredients such as castor oil, coconut oil, vitamin E oil and essential oils to promote thicker, fuller lashes naturally.
Long, thick lashes are something we all dream about.
I have many friends who’ve gone to great lengths to get longer lashes, but what’s not realised is that many eyelash treatments, like eyelash extensions and pre-made growth serums, can cause infection, allergic reactions, or if overused, can actually weaken lashes and contribute to lash loss.
We have a lot of options when comes to eyelash growth or the appearance of long lashes:
- Expensive eyelash extensions (which often require a lot of maintenance)
- Fiddly fake lashes
- Tricky eyelash curlers
- Eyelash growth serums with chemical ingredients
Instead, Make Your Own Eyelash Growth Serum!
In my experience, this natural eyelash serum is worth trying and it lasts for ages, as a little bit goes a long way (I just use a drop). However, if you have very sensitive eyes, feel free to stick with just straight castor oil.
It’s important to note that there is a connection between nutrition/diet and hair health. If the body isn’t receiving enough vitamin C, B vitamins, collagen, and fat soluble vitamins, hair may pay the price.
This natural eyelash growth serum uses:
- Castor oil: Contains vitamin E, minerals, proteins, and omega-6 fatty acids, all promoting thicker, stronger, longer lash growth.
- Vitamin E oil: Helps repair hair follicles and encourage hair growth.
- Coconut oil: Like castor oil, coconut oil contains fatty acids, vitamins, and can penetrate deep into the hair shaft to help strengthen and promote hair growth for longer, fuller lashes.
- Lavender oil: Known for nourishing and restoring hair.
- Rosemary oil: Known to improve blood circulation, promoting hair growth.
- Cedarwood oil: Known to improve blood circulation also, promoting hair growth.
Before we get started in learning how to make this all-natural lash growing serum – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
Homemade Eyelash Growth Serum
This serum will last up to a year as long as it isn’t contaminated with water or other liquids. This serum can also be used on eyebrows to help with thinning.
- 1/2 tbsp castor oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1/2 tbsp fractionated coconut oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 1 reusable eyelash wand brush and a small glass bottle
- Clean your mascara tube and brush well (it needs to be thoroughly cleaned to prevent contamination).
- Mix all the ingredients together, and store in a mascara bottle.
- Close the bottle and shake gently to combine.
- Use nightly by brushing onto lashes (eyebrows too for extra growth), taking care not to get it in your eyes. If you have sensitive eyes you can omit the essential oils. Use this serum daily for best results.
As always, this is not personal medical advice and we recommend that you talk with your doctor before trying or using any new products. I am not a doctor. All opinions expressed are my own personal thoughts and feelings of the products mentioned. Check with your doctor or health practitioner if you are uncertain about trying out any of the products, recipes or tips mentioned in this post.
What are some of the things you do to take care of your lashes? Share below in the comments.
Lots of love,
Wells, Katie. (February 18, 2019). Luscious Lashes Eyelash Growth Serum. Wellness Mama. Retrieved from https://wellnessmama.com/2028/eyelash-growth-serum/
Jillee. (September 4, 2017). 5 Natural Ways To Promote Long And Healthy Eyelashes. One Good Thing. Retrieved from https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/natural-remedies-for-longer-eyelashes/
Sutton, Jandra. The Natural Way to Get Longer Lashes (That Actually Works). Greatist. Retrieved from https://greatist.com/live/eyelash-growth-at-home-tricks
McClure, Emily. (May 7, 2016). 9 Eyelash Growing Hacks For Fuller, Longer Lashes. Bustle. Retrieved from https://www.bustle.com/articles/159267-9-eyelash-growing-hacks-for-fuller-longer-lashes
Kukreja, Kushneet. (June 7, 2018). 9 Natural Remedies To Get Beautifully Long Eyelashes. Style Craze. Retrieved from https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/grow-your-eye-lashes-long-and-healthy/#gref
Harju, Deborah. (February 1, 2017). 2 Simple DIY Lash Serums For Lovely + Long Lashes. Hello Glow. Retrieved from https://helloglow.co/eyelash-serums/
DIY Eyelash Growth Serum. Oily Chic. Retrieved from https://www.oily-chic.com/diy-eyelash-growth-serum/
Kenson, Lauren. DIY Lash and Brown Serum. Free Your Fork. Retrieved from https://www.freeyourfork.com/diy-lash-and-brow-serum/
German, Morgan. (June 22, 2021). The Best DIY Eyelash Growth Serum Recipe. Scandinavian Biolabs. Retrieved from https://scandinavianbiolabs.com/blogs/journal/diy-eyelash-growth-serum
Cuevas, Sheryl. DIY Lash Serum (For Long, Luscious Lashes). Rebooted Mom. Retrieved from https://www.rebootedmom.com/diy-lash-serum-for-long-luscious-lashes/
Gupta, Aayushi. (June 13, 2021). Use these 3 DIY natural serums to get longer eyelashes and fuller eyebrows. Health Shots. Retrieved from https://www.healthshots.com/beauty/natural-cures/use-these-3-diy-natural-serums-to-get-longer-eyelashes-and-fuller-eyebrows/
All About Cedarwood Oil. (September 5, 2018). New Directions Aromatics. Retrieved from https://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/blog/products/all-about-cedarwood-oil.html