Lashes so long you can fly away with them…
Long, thick lashes are something we all dream about. I have many friends who’ve gone to great lengths to get longer lashes, but what’s not realised is that many eyelash treatments, like eyelash extensions and pre-made growth serums, can cause infection, allergic reactions, or if overused, can actually weaken lashes and contribute to lash loss.
We have a lot of options when comes to eyelash growth or the appearance of long lashes:
- Expensive eyelash extensions (which often require a lot of maintenance)
- Fiddly fake lashes
- Tricky eyelash curlers
- Eyelash growth serums with chemical ingredients
In my experience, this natural eyelash growth method is worth trying, and it lasts for ages as a little bit goes a long way, so I just use a drop. However, if you have very sensitive eyes, feel free to stick with just straight castor oil.
Interesting fact: There appears to be a connection between nutrition/diet and hair health. If the body isn’t receiving enough vitamin C, B vitamins, collagen, and fat soluble vitamins, hair may pay the price.
This natural eyelash growth serum uses:
- Castor oil: Contains vitamin E, minerals, proteins, and omega-6 fatty acids, all promoting thicker, stronger, longer lash growth.
- Vitamin E oil: Helps repair hair follicles and encourage hair growth.
- Coconut oil: Like castor oil, coconut oil contains fatty acids, vitamins, and can penetrate deep into the hair shaft to help strengthen and promote hair growth for longer, fuller lashes.
- Lavender oil: Known for nourishing and restoring hair.
- Rosemary oil: Known to improve blood circulation, promoting hair growth.
- Cedarwood oil: Known to improve blood circulation also, promoting hair growth.
Before we get started in learning how to make this all-natural lash growing serum – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
If you make this eyelash serum, please let me know! Leave a comment below, and if you take a picture and share it, please tag me on Instagram @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa so I can see! I’d love to know how you went!
DIY Eyelash Growth Serum
This serum will last up to a year as long as it isn’t contaminated with water or other liquids. This serum can also be used on eyebrows to help with thinning.
- 1/2 tbsp castor oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 1/2 tbsp fractionated coconut oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 1 reusable eyelash wand brush + small glass bottle
- Clean your mascara tube and brush well (it needs to be 100% clean to prevent contamination).
- Mix all the ingredients together, and store in mascara bottle.
- Close bottle and shake gently.
- Use nightly by brushing onto lashes (eyebrows too for extra growth), taking care not to get it in your eyes. If you have sensitive eyes you can omit the essential oils. Use this serum daily for best results.
As always, this is not personal medical advice and we recommend that you talk with your doctor before trying or using any new products. It’s important to check with a doctor before taking this or any new product, especially if taking any other medicine or supplement or if pregnant or nursing. Be sure to check ingredients to make sure there is no risk of an allergic reaction.
What are some of the things you do to take care of your lashes? Share below in the comments.
Lots of love,
Wells, Katie. (February 18, 2019). Luscious Lashes Eyelash Growth Serum. Wellness Mama. Retrieved from https://wellnessmama.com/2028/eyelash-growth-serum/
Jillee. (September 4, 2017). 5 Natural Ways To Promote Long And Healthy Eyelashes. One Good Thing. Retrieved from https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/natural-remedies-for-longer-eyelashes/
Sutton, Jandra. The Natural Way to Get Longer Lashes (That Actually Works). Greatist. Retrieved from https://greatist.com/live/eyelash-growth-at-home-tricks
McClure, Emily. (May 7, 2016). 9 Eyelash Growing Hacks For Fuller, Longer Lashes. Bustle. Retrieved from https://www.bustle.com/articles/159267-9-eyelash-growing-hacks-for-fuller-longer-lashes
Kukreja, Kushneet. (June 7, 2018). 9 Natural Remedies To Get Beautifully Long Eyelashes. Style Craze. Retrieved from https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/grow-your-eye-lashes-long-and-healthy/#gref
Harju, Deborah. (February 1, 2017). 2 Simple DIY Lash Serums For Lovely + Long Lashes. Hello Glow. Retrieved from https://helloglow.co/eyelash-serums/
DIY Eyelash Growth Serum. Oily Chic. Retrieved from https://www.oily-chic.com/diy-eyelash-growth-serum/
Kenson, Lauren. DIY Lash and Brown Serum. Free Your Fork. Retrieved from https://www.freeyourfork.com/diy-lash-and-brow-serum/
German, Morgan. (June 22, 2021). The Best DIY Eyelash Growth Serum Recipe. Scandinavian Biolabs. Retrieved from https://scandinavianbiolabs.com/blogs/journal/diy-eyelash-growth-serum
Cuevas, Sheryl. DIY Lash Serum (For Long, Luscious Lashes). Rebooted Mom. Retrieved from https://www.rebootedmom.com/diy-lash-serum-for-long-luscious-lashes/
Gupta, Aayushi. (June 13, 2021). Use these 3 DIY natural serums to get longer eyelashes and fuller eyebrows. Health Shots. Retrieved from https://www.healthshots.com/beauty/natural-cures/use-these-3-diy-natural-serums-to-get-longer-eyelashes-and-fuller-eyebrows/
All About Cedarwood Oil. (September 5, 2018). New Directions Aromatics. Retrieved from https://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/blog/products/all-about-cedarwood-oil.html