Soft, fluffy banana bread is only moments away…
I absolutely love banana bread, but it can be challenging to find vegan AND gluten-free versions when out at cafe’s and such. The most recent one I had turned out to be dry and crumbly. Not great.
This recipe uses wholefood, natural ingredients, and can even be made into mini banana muffins using the same recipe, just add some chocolate chips!
To make this recipe refined sugar-free, use raw honey or maple syrup instead of coconut sugar, or use another sweetener of choice like stevia.
Some tips for making the perect banana bread every time are:
- Level the flour. When measuring the flour, level it using the back of a knife. This helps prevent adding too much, making the bread dry.
- Do not overmix the batter: Overmixing can cause the proteins in the flour to create an elastic batter that may not rise well. Only mix until you see no more flour streaks in the batter.
Before we get started in learning how to make this soft, deliciously healthy banana bread – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
If you make this banana bread, please let me know! Leave a comment below, and if you take a picture and share it, please tag me on Instagram @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa so I can see! I’d love to know how you went!
Healthier Vegan Gluten-free Banana Bread
Feel free to add in chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, cinnamon, or any other ingredient you love!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup organic coconut sugar or 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 large or 4 small overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F), and grease a loaf pan with some coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar (if using honey, wait to add that to the wet ingredients), baking powder, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas, then add the oil, honey (if using) and vanilla and mix well until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, then mix until combined; do not overmix though. Add in the plant milk and fold to combine.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, and bake for approx. 50 mins–1 hour, or until golden brown. Test the bread using a fork or knife by inserting it into the centre of the loaf; if it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 mins before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to 1 week. It will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months; just thaw out the loaves overnight in the fridge, and reheat in the microwave. Enjoy!!
As always, this is not personal medical advice and we recommend that you talk with your doctor before trying or using any new products. It’s important to check with a doctor before taking this or any new product, especially if taking any other medicine or supplement or if pregnant or nursing. Be sure to check ingredients to make sure there is no risk of an allergic reaction.
Have you made banana bread before? How did it go? Share in the comments below.
Lots of love,