“I think my life has just been changed!” These were the first words I said after trying these bad boys 😋
These vegan twix bars are made with coconut caramel and a crust you could use to make any dessert absolutely heavenly!
This recipe is, again, courtesy of @EarthyAndy (she creates the best recipes! 😍) and is such a fun, healthy, and best of all easy snack to whip together in minutes and enjoy out in the sun with friends and family!
I love it because it’s a great way to get your sweet-tooth fix in a healthy way, without turning to processed, additive-filled, pre-made snacks that are often chock-a-block full of unhealthy ingredients that do you and your body no good.
This recipe has become a favourite of mine that I take with me almost anywhere; on long road trips, when I’m out for the day, or even as a snack at work! It helps to stop that urge to buy something while I’m out, like for instance at a convenience store or takeaway shop (plus it’s packaging-free so you won’t be throwing away any plastic packaging when consuming this baby! 😉 So it’s a win for the environment too!).
So who’s ready to make these delicious twix bars?!
Before we get started in learning how to make these heavenly twix bars – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes and tips I share!
Alright, let’s get started!
Vegan Twix Bar Recipe
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil (Note: using vegan butter instead produces better results)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup full-fat coconut cream
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 bars (400g) vegan chocolate, melted
- For the crust; mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, then press into the bottom of a square cake tin and place in the oven at 170ºC (338ºF) for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- For the caramel; mix all the ingredients together in a bowl then place on stove top and let simmer on medium heat until desired colour develops (approx. 40 minutes). Make sure you are constantly stirring the mixture and if spitting, put the lid on.
- When the colour starts to darken and it’s getting thicker, add in the cream slowly. Once that’s done, add in the salt.
- Assembling; pour the caramel on top of the dough base and set in the fridge until the caramel becomes cold. Next, add a thin layer of chocolate on top of the caramel, then set again until chocolate hardens and cools.
- Finally, cut into squares and enjoy!
Hope you love it!! xoxo
Did You Try This Recipe?
Let me know how it went! If you make them I’d love to see on Instagram! Tag me using @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa! I love seeing your creations! Comment below with how it went for you too, and if you have any other awesome recipes you’d love to share!
Lots of Love,