Guys, I cannot think of a time when I’ve ever been more excited to share a recipe with you all than I am today!
Honestly, after making these, normal cheesecakes will not even make it on the same LEVEL as these bad boys 😉
Instead of baking these cheesecakes you simply pop them in the freezer to set. To make removing them from the pan as easy as possible, I simply pour boiling hot water over the bottom of the pan once they’ve finished setting, then using a knife (that I’ve let soak it hot water for a few minutes), I pop them out. Works like a charm!
If I had to choose a few words to describe these cheesecakes, I’d say they’re:
- Perfectly sweet
- Oh so creamy (it just needs to be said twice 😉 )
- Super satisfying
- & go incredibly well topped with whipped coconut cream!
Before we get started in making these super creamy cheesecakes – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
If you make these raw vegan cheesecakes, please let me know! Leave a comment below, and if you take a picture and share it, please tag me on Instagram @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa so I can see! I’d love to know how it went for you!
Raw Vegan Berry Cheesecakes
Prep these 100% irresistible (and also did I mention healthy) yummy treats for those occasions when you want something to satisfy sweet tooth cravings, or for when visitors pop by!
Note: I pick up my ingredients from my local bulk foods store to keep it plastic-free, and pick up my berries from my local organic farmer’s market. (I share a post on how to shop sustainably if you’re looking for ways to reduce plastic and overall waste when food shopping).
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight, rinsed, & drained)
- 1/2 cup plant milk (I use almond, but coconut or macadamia works well too! You can even sub in full-fat coconut milk from the can if you want it to be EXTRA creamy)
- 1/3 cup raw local honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup berries (I used strawberries in this batch)
- Soak dates for 5 minutes in hot water to soften before blending. Place the almonds and Medjool dates together in blender and pulse until it forms a sticky dough. (Note: If the dough isn’t sticky enough to bind together, just add in a couple more dates).
- Press dough into a muffin mould & set in the fridge while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Blend the soaked cashews, milk, honey, lemon juice, and coconut oil together in a high-speed blender until smooth & creamy. Pour half the mixture into the muffin moulds, leaving the rest to make the berry layer.
- Add the berries into the blender with the cashew mix and blend until smooth and creamy. pour the berry layer on top and place in the freezer to set.
- Let cheesecakes freeze for 4 hours, then remove from freezer & serve immediately (just let them thaw out for 10 minutes in the fridge to make them easier to remove from the pan, and for a creamier texture). If storing, keep cheesecakes in an airtight container in the freezer. Enjoy!!
Healthy creamy raw vegan cheesecake recipe tutorial
Have you made cheesecake before? What was it like?! Share your favourite recipe below! We love getting your suggestions on recipes to try!
Lots of love,