For those allergic to bananas, or looking for a low-carb option, pineapple nice-cream is a delicious, refreshing way to cool off during a hot summer’s day.
This recipe requires just 2 ingredients, and takes about 10 minutes to prep, then BOOM: you’ve got yourself delicious, homemade, creamy soft serve ice-cream.
This pineapple nice-cream can be made using a simple high-speed blender, no fancy equipment needed. No ice-cream machine, no hand mixer. Just your average blender.
This pineapple ice-cream is a healthy spin on the famous Pineapple Dole Whip, and tastes just as good as the original!
Before we get started in learning how to make this pineapple soft serve – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
DIY Pineapple Soft Serve
If you want to turn it into creamy firm ice cream, just pop it in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until firm. You’ll need to let it thaw for 20-30 minutes before scooping.
- 2-3 cups frozen pineapple, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup creamy plant milk; coconut, cashew or almond are good choices
- Chop up fresh pineapple the night before into bite-sized pieces, and compost the outer skin. Place pineapple in the freezer overnight to harden.
- Place all ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend until smooth and thick in consistency.
- Scoop pineapple nice-cream into a glass jar or coconut bowl and enjoy fresh!
If you make this pineapple nice-cream, please let me know! Leave a comment below, and if you take a picture and share it, please tag me on Instagram @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa so I can see! I’d love to know how you went!
As always, this is not personal medical advice and we recommend that you talk with your doctor before trying or using any new products. It’s important to check with a doctor before taking this or any new product, especially if taking any other medicine or supplement or if pregnant or nursing. Be sure to check ingredients to make sure there is no risk of an allergic reaction.
Have you made nice-cream before? Did you use banana or another fruit? Share in the comments below.
Lots of love,