I’ve been really focusing on cleaning up my diet lately (and making a fresh start as we head into the new year), so the recipes I’ve been creating and whipping up in the kitchen have been focused around healthy, nutritious, body-loving ingredients.
One recipe I came across recently was by Marla’s Healthy Life, and I just loved it because she turned a classic favourite (loved by so many of us bruncher’s 😉 into a healthy, nutritious option! This version of banana bread is paleo, sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and can be made vegan by subbing out the eggs for flax eggs!
I’ve actually come to love this healthier version of banana bread more than my previous favourite banana bread recipe that I’d been making for years! (It’s that good, I guarantee you’ll love it too!)
If you are looking for more healthy recipes do see Marla’s page, she shares recipes for candida, autoimmune diseases, inflammation, psoriasis, acne, and so much more! I just love her (I’m fan-girling here), and you’re always guaranteed to learn something new about how to improve your own health and overall well-being from her.
Before we get started in learning how to make this incredibly moist, healthy paleo banana bread – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
If you make this banana bread, please let me know! Leave a comment below, and if you take a picture and share it, please tag me on Instagram @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa so I can see! I’d love to know how it went for you!
Now, without further ado, let’s get to making it!
Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
This delicious banana bread recipe is moist, healthy, and suuuper simple to make! Plus it’s totally adjustable, so feel free to change up the ingredients included to suit your dietary or personal preferences. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, can be made egg-free for a vegan option, grain-free, paleo, and sugar-free! When I make it I like to add in these raw cacao melts for “chocolate chips”, but feel free to add in chopped walnuts, cinnamon, or any other ingredient you’d like! The original recipe was from Marla’s Healthy Life, but I adjusted it a little as I couldn’t find some of her recommended brands for things like flour or chocolate. Feel free to do the same if you’re in the same boat as I was!
- 2 cups organic tapioca flour (I couldn’t find any cassava flour and they said this was the closest thing to it)
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (I used pure organic stevia powder)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (softened)
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs to make it vegan)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (I used coconut milk from a can for extra creaminess)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup Changing Habits organic pure cacao melts (I added about 1 1/2 cups, chopped into smaller pieces) OR can use other dairy-free raw chocolate
- Mix dry ingredients together and set aside (flour, stevia, vanilla bean, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt)
- Mash banana in a bowl then add remaining wet ingredients and mix well until combined (coconut oil, coconut milk, eggs)
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 180°C (350°F) for 1 hour or until cooked through. Enjoy!!
Banana bread recipe tutorial
Have you made banana bread before? What’s your favourite recipe? Share below! We’d love to try it too!
Lots of love,