Get ready for the ULTIMATE chocolate chip banana bread recipe… with the added benefits of being paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free. It can be made vegan by subbing in flax eggs.
I’ve actually come to love this banana bread more than my previous banana bread recipe that I’d been making for years!
This delicious banana bread recipe is moist, healthy, and super simple to make! Plus it’s totally adjustable; the ingredients can be changed to suit dietary or personal preferences. When I make it, I like to add in raw cacao melts as the “chocolate chips,” just as a healthier alternative, but chopped walnuts, cinnamon, or even almonds make excellent sub-ins too.
Before we get started in learning how to make this healthy banana bread – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
If you make this chocolate chip banana bread, please let me know! Leave a comment below, and if you take a picture and share it, please tag me on Instagram @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa so I can see! I’d love to know how you went!
Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
Delicious, soft chocolate chip banana bread is just a recipe away…
- 2 cups organic tapioca flour
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp organic stevia or raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1-1 1/2 cups Changing Habits organic pure cacao melts or vegan raw chocolate
- Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mash banana in a large bowl then add the remaining wet ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased or baking paper-lined loaf pan, and bake at 180°C (350°F) for 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from loaf tin and let cool completely on cooling rack before slicing. Enjoy!
As always, this is not personal medical advice and we recommend that you talk with your doctor before trying or using any new products. It’s important to check with a doctor before taking this or any new product, especially if taking any other medicine or supplement or if pregnant or nursing. Be sure to check ingredients to make sure there is no risk of an allergic reaction.
Have you made banana bread before? What’s your favourite recipe? Share below.
Lots of love,