I have another healthy recipe for you all today!! This one’s by @realfoodwithjessica, and I discovered it on Instagram when my sister sent it to me saying “we MUST try this” 😉 , so we did. And man oh man, it was goooooood. They were some of the fudgiest brownies I’d ever tasted, and they’re so much healthier than regular standard gluten-free brownies!! These, too, are gluten free, but instead of using gluten-free flour (which can still contain wheat – they just remove the gluten protein but keep the wheat starch), this recipe uses almond flour! A great low-carb option plus it means it’s also paleo! (as it’s grain-free). These brownies are also dairy free, naturally sweetened (feel free to adjust quantities to make it less sweet and more bitter), and can also be made vegan by subbing out the eggs for flax eggs!
Now, something to keep in mind is that not all olive oils are created equal. A quality organic extra virgin olive oil is essential to give your recipes the richest flavour and texture, especially when it comes to baking. So this is what you want to opt for when making these brownies (plus it’s the healthiest type of olive oil you can get!).
If you’re looking for more healthy recipes do see Jessica’s page, she shares recipes for paleo, whole30 and low FODMAP meals, plus a range of healthy treat ideas (like this one!).
Before we get started in learning how to make these super fudgy, healthy paleo brownies – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
If you make these brownies, please let me know! Leave a comment below, and if you take a picture and share it, please tag me on Instagram @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa so I can see! I’d love to know how they go for you!
Now, let’s get cookin’!
Paleo Olive Oil Brownie Recipe
These delicious paleo brownies are super moist, fudgy, healthy, and reeeeaaaaallllyyyyyyy easy to make! Plus, the recipe can be easily adjusted, so feel free to change up the ingredients/quantities to suit your dietary or personal preferences. The original recipe was from Real Food with Jessica. If you are allergic to nuts and aren’t able to use almond flour, oat flour or a combination of tapioca and coconut flour work well as substitutes!
- 1 1/4 cups dairy-free chocolate chips (I used Changing Habits organic pure cacao melts)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease or line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup, combine chocolate chips and extra virgin olive oil. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted and smooth (about 1 1/2 minutes). Add in the maple syrup and set aside.
- Add coconut sugar to a large bowl then add in the eggs. Beat with a hand mixer on medium/high speed for 3 minutes. The mixture should be airy and well combined. Add in the chocolate mixture and mix again until fully incorporated. Next, add in the almond flour and salt and mix by hand.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 28-30 minutes. Remove from oven when finished and set aside to cool, then they’re ready to eat! Enjoy!! Xx
Have you made healthy brownies before? What healthy ingredient did you sub in?! Share below! We’d love to try it too!
Lots of love,