I saw this on a YouTube video once and just LOVED the idea! Instead of pairing your brownies with a dollop of cream or ice-cream, why not “health-it-up” (cause that’s a word 😉 ) and pair it with a smoothie/nice-cream bowl! I hear you guys drooling from here, haha.
Feel free to add your own brownie or nice-cream recipe to the mix, to make it your own! Both recipes are vegan and gluten-free (as always), and super delish!
Make sure to tag me if you make it @simplynaturalnessa , I’d absolutely love to see your creations!
Brownie Nice-Cream Bowl Recipe
You can make this lil’ treat a healthier one by making these healthy brownies, OR if you want to go all out, follow the recipe below for the best fudgy brownies out! I got the recipe from The Big Man’s World, and man oh man! WOW!
I used freshly brewed coffee (organic and fair trade) in my brownies, but if you’re not a fan of coffee, you can sub in water instead! I also used reusable silicon sheets instead of parchment paper as a low-waste alternative.
There is coffee included in this recipe (the secret ingredient! Spoiler alert, I know), which helps to bring out the chocolate flavour a little more, but without adding any of the coffee taste to it. If you’re still not a fan of coffee, that’s cool, instead of adding coffee you can use water instead.
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp brewed coffee (or can use water instead)
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 6 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Optional: extra 1 cup chocolate chips (to stir through at the end)
- Prepare flax egg by combining ground flaxseed with brewed (and chilled) coffee. Let sit for 10 minutes, until it forms a gel.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a brownie tin with parchment paper (or reusable silicon sheets) and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or on stove top, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add vegan butter and coconut sugar, and whisk well.
- Add in prepared flax egg, melted chocolate, and vanilla extract, and mix well until glossy.
- Sift through flour, baking powder, salt, and cacao powder and mix until just combined. Do not overmix. If using chocolate chips, fold them through.
- Transfer brownie mix into lined baking tin. Bake brownies for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let them cool completely before slicing into brownie pieces. While they’re cooling, you can get started on the nice-cream!
The gooey-est brownies you’ll ever have! (or your money back.. just kidding 😉 )
Vanilla nice-cream recipe
- 4 frozen ripe bananas
- dash of vanilla extract (or one vanilla bean)
- dash of almond milk
- Place all ingredients into blender.
- Blend until smooth and thick. If you don’t have a high powered blender, make sure to put the fresh ingredients in first at the bottom along with the liquid to help it blend easier!
- Pour nice-cream into your favourite jar/bowl (I love using my coconut bowls for smoothie bowls like this), top with brownie(s) and drizzle with melted chocolate! Enjoy!!
These vegan brownies are the gooey-est you’ll ever have, and are so easy to make! The nice-cream just complements the brownies SO WELL, and it’s a “healthier” twist on brownies and ice-cream, using nice-cream instead! Tag me on Instagram when you make them!
Brownie nice-cream bowl recipe
Have you paired brownies with nice-cream before?! What did ya think? If you have a favourite nice-cream or smoothie recipe, please share! We’d love to try it out!
Lots of love,