These Avocado Brownies are a delicious, easy gluten-free + vegan dessert, using avocado in place of oil or butter often used in brownie recipes. The best part… only 8 ingredients are needed to make these fudgy brownies!
I know chocolate and avocado sound like they shouldn’t go together, but I promise these are some of the tastiest brownies you’ll find.
These brownies require minimal ingredients and effort to make. You simply combine the wet ingredients in a blender – to make certain the avocado is nice and smooth.
They’re dairy-free and contain no butter, eggs, or oil.
Fun facts about avocados:
- They have more potassium than bananas.
- They’re a good source of monounsaturated fatty acids
These flourless brownies are ultra-rich, fudgy, and made with wholesome, natural ingredients to give the perfect guilt-free dessert.
Before we get started in learning how to make these delicious fudgy avocado brownies – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
If you make these avocado brownies, please let me know! Leave a comment below, and if you take a picture and share it, please tag me on Instagram @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa so I can see! I’d love to know how you went!
Homemade Flourless Avocado Brownies
These fudgy Avocado Brownies are made healthier by using avocado instead of butter or oil, and are naturally gluten-free and vegan!
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water)
- 1 ripe avocado, peel and pit removed
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Prepare the flax eggs by combining the flaxseed meal and water in a blender, and pulse a couple of times to combine. Set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F), then lightly grease a brownie tin with some coconut oil or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a high speed blender, add the avocado, cacao powder, flax eggs, coconut sugar, nut butter, baking powder, and salt. Process until smooth.
- Pour batter into a mixing bowl then fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer the batter to the prepared brownie tin, and decorate the top with a few extra chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the edges become slightly dry and when a knife is inserted into the centre, it comes out mostly clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 1 hour. The avocado taste is REALLY noticeable if you try these warm, so wait until they have completely cooled before trying them. You can place them in the fridge if you want to speed up the cooling process.
- Cut into slices and enjoy, or store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days, or in the fridge for up to one week.
DIY avocado brownies tutorial
As always, this is not personal medical advice and we recommend that you talk with your doctor before trying or using any new products. It’s important to check with a doctor before taking this or any new product, especially if taking any other medicine or supplement or if pregnant or nursing. Be sure to check ingredients to make sure there is no risk of an allergic reaction.
Have you used avocado in dessert recipes before? What did you make? Share in the comments below.
Lots of love,