Haaaaappy Easter everyone!
This is such a wonderful time of year. I love how we all get together with friends, family, and loved ones and spend the long weekend in each other’s company. Plus the chocolate isn’t half bad either 😉.
I was scrolling through my Insta feed when I came across this recipe by @thecrueltyfreeshop and saw how simple it was, so I decided I’d give it a whirl. This was my first time making Easter eggs (let alone vegan ones) and they turned out fabulously! I shared them with my family and they all loved them! (which is a good sign 😜).
So, seeing as they were such a hit, I thought I’d share them with all you lovely peeps! My favourite thing about these eggs is how they’re gooey on the inside with the creamy Vego spread 🤤 *cue Homer Simpson’s drooling noise.*
I hope you love them just as much as I do!
Vegan Easter Eggs Recipe
Gooey-in-the-middle Easter eggs that are just perfect as a little Easter treat.
- Sweet William chocolate (dark, light, white, whatever you prefer) or another type of vegan chocolate
- Vego spread
- Easter egg mould
- Melt Sweet William chocolate (Be very careful not to burn the chocolate when you do this. Constantly stir and watch until melted).
- Fill each egg mould about 2/3 of the way.
- Place a little Vego spread in the middle of each mould (be careful not to overfill them).
- Cool in the fridge for about 1 hour or until set.
- Pop the half eggs out of the tray.
- Fill a mug with hot water and place a plate on top (this will heat up the plate).
- Place one of the half eggs on the plate for just a second, then pick it up and stick it to another half egg.
- Place them back in the fridge to cool and set again, then they’re done!
If you try this recipe, let me know how it went for you! Comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa
Take care loves, and have a wonderful Easter!