How to make vegan gluten-free cookie dough and a THICK smoothie bowl base!
This smoothie cookie dough combo is just NEXT LEVEL!
The cookie dough recipe can also be baked into cookies if you have some dough leftover, which you can add to the smoothie bowl, too!! Twin Coast have a grain-free, healthy cookie dough recipe too, that compliments this bowl really well.
Before we get started in learning how to make this super delicious vegan cookie dough – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
If you make this cookie dough bowl, please let me know! Leave a comment below, and if you take a picture and share it, please tag me on Instagram @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa so I can see! I’d love to know how you went!
DIY Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl
The best vegan cookie dough bowl awaits…
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (solid not melted) or vegan butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour, heat-treated
- 1-2 cups vegan chocolate chips
Smoothie bowl base:
- Start by heat-treating your flour in either the microwave or oven.
- Using a mixer, mix your oil/butter and sugar together for 2-3 minutes, or until combined. Add the milk, vanilla extract and banana, and continue mixing. Slowly add in your flour and mix until just combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips, then roll into cookie dough balls and set aside.
- If you have spare dough left over and you want to make cookies, preheat oven to 180°C (350°F), and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the cookies on cookie sheet – making sure to leave space between them, as they expand in the oven – and bake for 10-20 minutes or until they’re a light golden brown. The cookies will continue to firm up as they cool, so if you want more of a soft, gooey cookie, remove them from the oven a little earlier. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the tray. Allow to cool completely before adding to smoothie bowl (or it’ll melt).
- Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and thick. If you don’t have a high-powered blender, make sure to put the fresh ingredients in first at the bottom along with the liquid to help it blend easier.
- Pour the mix into your favourite jar or bowl, top with the cookie dough and other favourite toppings, and enjoy!
As always, this is not personal medical advice and we recommend that you talk with your doctor before trying or using any new products. It’s important to check with a doctor before taking this or any new product, especially if taking any other medicine or supplement or if pregnant or nursing. Be sure to check ingredients to make sure there is no risk of an allergic reaction.
Have you made smoothie bowls before? Do you prefer them thick like nice-cream, or thin like a smoothie? Share in the comments below.
Lots of love,