A super simple chocolate mousse cake that’ll ‘have you at hello.’ This dessert is vegan-friendly, gluten-free, refine sugar-free and made with wholesome, natural ingredients so you can indulge guilt-free!
This mousse isn’t made with your standard avocado. No. We’ve cranked it up a notch and used coconut cream!!
Plus it’s rich in antioxidants because of the cacao powder used to give the mousse that chocolatey taste.
I’ve tried stopping at just one piece, but I always end up eating three more every time!
Before we get started in learning how to make this creamy, deliciously healthy mousse cake – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
No-Bake Double Chocolate Mousse Cake
The base for this mousse requires only 5-ingredients, while the cacao powder and coconut cream give the mousse that rich, chocolatey taste, and the bananas act as a natural sweetener.
I love using coconut sugar as a natural sweetener in recipes as it’s much healthier than standard brown or white sugar because of it’s low GI, meaning it takes longer to be digested, absorbed and metabolised by the body, causing a lower and slower rise in blood sugar levels.
- 3/4 cup peanuts or almonds
- 3/4 cup dates (soaked in warm water for 10 minutes, drained and pitted)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or 4 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 360g coconut cream (just the cream part, not the liquid)
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until a chunky paste forms.
- Press the paste into the base of a tray, firmly packing it down. Then set aside while you make the mousse.
- Rinse out the food processor. Blend all the ingredients together in food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mousse over the top of the crust, then freeze for 6-12 hours or until completely set.
As always, this is not personal medical advice and we recommend that you talk with your doctor before trying or using any new products. I am not a doctor. All opinions expressed are my own personal thoughts and feelings of the products mentioned. Check with your doctor or health practitioner if you are uncertain about trying out any of the products, recipes or tips mentioned in this post.
Have you made vegan chocolate mousse before? What was it like? Share below.
Lots of love,