Can you guess the two ingredients?
Now, I don’t own an ice-cream maker. In fact, the only kitchen appliance I own is a blender, and it’s ‘my precious‘.
For my fellow humans who, too, are ice-cream machine-less but still desire to make homemade ice-cream, I bring you: No-Churn Banana Coconut Ice-Cream with all the creaminess of real ice-cream, but without the ice-cream maker.
Whipped coconut cream, sweetened with bananas, is our base for this ice-cream. By whipping the coconut cream, it incorporates a heap of air into the cream, giving it that light, creamy consistency we love in ice-cream, rather than a dense, frozen rock of cream…
Now, if you, like me, haven’t got a hand mixer available, rest assured, you can make this ice-cream using a simple blender. Instead of whipping the coconut cream by hand, you can pop it in your blender and whip it in there. It won’t be as light and fluffy as a mixer version, but it still does the job.
Scoop with an ice cream scoop, and top with any toppings you like! If too firm, let thaw for 15-30 minutes to soften.
Before we get started in learning how to make this no-churn banana coconut ice-cream – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes, DIYs, gardening and health tips I share!!
If you make this ice-cream, please let me know! Leave a comment below, and if you take a picture and share it, please tag me on Instagram @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa so I can see! I’d love to know how you went!
No-Churn Banana Coconut Ice-Cream
This recipe requires just 2 ingredients, and takes about 10 minutes to prep, then BOOM: you’ve got yourself delicious, homemade, creamy ice-cream. All you need to do from there is wait for it to freeze.
- 4-5 frozen bananas, peeled and chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 14-ounce cans coconut cream OR full- fat coconut milk, chilled overnight in the fridge
- Without tipping the full contents of the cans into a high-speed blender or chilled mixing bowl, scoop out the coconut cream from the top OR the coconut milk, reserving the clear liquid for other recipes; such as smoothies, shakes, juices, etc.
- Blend until smooth and creamy if using a blender OR whip until creamy and smooth if using a hand mixer.
- Add frozen bananas and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and cover loosely, then let it freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Remove it from the freezer at least 20 minutes before you’re ready to scoop it, and use a scoop that’s been warmed under hot water to help make the ice-cream easier to scoop.
- This ice-cream will keep in the freezer for up to one week, but it’s best fresh.
DIY vegan ice-cream tutorial
As always, this is not personal medical advice and we recommend that you talk with your doctor before trying or using any new products. It’s important to check with a doctor before taking this or any new product, especially if taking any other medicine or supplement or if pregnant or nursing. Be sure to check ingredients to make sure there is no risk of an allergic reaction.
Have you made ice-cream before? What was it like? Share in the comments below.
Lots of love,