Warning: you’re going to want this avocado dip with every meal this week. I’m honestly in love with this dip, and I think you’ll be, too! It’s super duper (do people still say that?) creamy, thanks to the ripe avo, and bursting with fresh lemon and cilantro (a.k.a coriander).
Like your classic guac, you can serve this dip with chips (I love making sweet potato fries to pair with this as a meal), carrot or cucumber sticks, or dollop it onto any dish that’s remotely Mexican-ish.
This creamy dip is incredibly easy to make, all you need to do is pop everything into the food processor or blender, and blend ’em up! It’ll be ready in less than 5 minutes, from start to finish.
Unlike store-bought dips and sauces, this avo dip is made completely with wholesome natural ingredients, nothing artificial, preserved, or nasty. Nada.
Because the base is avocado, it’s full of healthy fats, and is a fantastic keto-friendly snack or meal addition, and is great for any vegans or those who are gluten-free or dairy-free! So this is definitely a dip you can feel good about!
The Many Uses for Avo Dip
Here are a few ideas for this avocado dip (but don’t be limited by my suggestions, feel free to go nuts with it!):
- A great addition alongside chips (like sweet potato fries) and/or crunchy raw vegetables, like carrot sticks, cucumber slices, celery and bell pepper sticks.
- On burritos, wraps, tacos, quesadillas, nachos—basically anything with those lush Mexican dish style flavours.
- As a salad dressing: simply thin it out a little with some water (or lime juice, for extra zing!).
- Dollop it on scrambled eggs (or some scrambled tofu!), roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, etc.
- As a spread for smashed avo on toast!
Please let me know how your avocado dip turns out in the comments! I always love reading what you all share in the comments below.
Now, let’s get started!
Before we get started in learning how to make this creamy avocado dip – if you like what you’re seeing, subscribe to my email newsletter at the bottom of the page to keep up to date on the latest recipes and tips I share!
If you want to make and share, please tag me on Instagram @simplynaturalnessa or use the hashtag #simplynaturalnessa! I’d love to know how it went for you! I get so excited to see your creations and recipes!
Avocado Dip Recipe
This avocado dip is a fantastic easy alternative to guacamole, simply whip together the basic ingredients in a food processor or blender. It goes well with anything! (Well, almost anything 😅).
- 2 large avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro/coriander (stems are ok)
- 1/3 cup lemon (or lime) juice
- 1/2 tsp mineral salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp water (or more as needed) if looking to thin the dip into a sauce/dressing.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the avocados into a food processor or blender.
- Add the cilantro, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Blend, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary, until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- If you would like the dip to be a thinner sauce, add water in 1 tablespoon at a time until it reaches the desired consistency you’re looking for. Taste, and add more salt if it’s not quite flavoursome enough.
- Transfer the avocado dip to a small serving bowl. This sauce will keep well in the fridge, covered, for about 4 days.
Enjoy loves! Xoxo
Recipe adapted from @EarthyAndy.
Below is a quick run-through of how I make avocado dip. Feel free to have a look if you like!
Did You Try This Recipe?
Lots of love,